* Wu, Yue <vano...@gmail.com> 24.09.2009
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 06:09:38PM +0200, Michael Wagner wrote:

> > the version at http://www.mutt.org/doc/devel/manual.txt.gz is a gzipped
> > file. I've downloaded it for testing and everything is allright with the
> > it. Also when I visited the side with different text browsers, they
> > showed me all the correct file.
> >
> > What browser do you use?
>
> I'm using opera 10.0 for FreeBSD.
>
> y...@bsd ~/gtd/stuff > gzip -tv manual.txt.gz
> gzip: manual.txt.gz: not in gzip format
> manual.txt.gz:    NOT OK
>
> y...@bsd ~/gtd/stuff > gzip --version
> FreeBSD gzip 20090621
>
> I'm curious why not just use `tar jcvf manul.txt.bz2 manual.txt`?

Hello Wu,

I don't understand it. Here is all ok.

mich...@workstation tty2:~$ wget http://www.mutt.org/doc/devel/manual.txt.gz

mich...@workstation tty2:~$ file manual.txt.gz
manual.txt.gz: gzip compressed data, was "manual.txt", from Unix,
last modified: Sun Jul  5 00:12:55 2009, max compression

mich...@workstation tty2:~$ gzip -tv manual.txt.gz
manual.txt.gz:   OK

Is it possible that 'opera' does an offending download? Download it one
more time with 'wget' and look what happen. Sorry, when this will give
you not the correct file, I have no idea what to do more. But I can send
you the manual with email. Write to me, if you want it this way.

Michael

--
"Nowhere you can be that isn't where you were meant to be. It's easy."
       -- John Lennon