On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 06:51:31PM +0200, Michael Ludwig wrote:
> I almost deleted a message I intended to keep from an mbox. The message
> was accidentally marked as D, and when switching to another mbox, it was
> just a brief hesitation (wasn't entirely sure what would be deleted now)
> that kept me from losing it.
>
> Can I configure Mutt to save deleted messages to another folder or mbox
> (as GUI mail clients do) instead of simply deleting it?

I thought that was the default behaviour? If not, you might want to look
at doing this:

  macro   index   d       "<save-message>=.Trash\n"
  macro   pager   d       "<save-message>=.Trash\n"

That should work, but you'll want to change .Trash to something else,
I'm using Maildir style (which I found more efficient with header
caching).

--
Best regards,
Ed http://www.s5h.net/