Sorry, The error code i gave is not accuracy i'm afraid.

1. the Mutt gave out the error message of  SASL authentication failed
**without** msmtp as its sender.
2. msmtp gave

mstp: GNU SASL: GSSAPI error in client while negotiating security
context in gss_init_sec_context() in SASL library. This is most likely
due insufficient credentials or malicious interaction:

msmtp: could not send mail (account default for ~/.msmtprc)

====

I got a little puzzle with the variety error code.  sometimes LHLO,
sometimes sasl.

and i failed to make the crysus-sasl package.

root#saslauthd -v

saslauthd 2.1.23
authentication mechanisms: sasldb getpwent kerberos5 pam rimap shaow ldap

any suggestion on this. bow.

regards