rj wrote:
> On Sat 13 at 07:28 PM -0700, "Kevin J. McCarthy" <ke...@8t8.us> wrote:
> > My guess would be a send-hook or reply-hook is causing this.
>
> send-hook        .        'unmy_hdr From:'
> send-hook '~Chfha-members' 'my_hdr From: rj <r...@panix.com>'
> # send-hook '(~Czsh-users| ~Cmutt-users| ~Cvex)' 'set crypt_autosign; my_hdr
> From: rj <r...@panix.com>'

I'm not super familiar with the details of send-hook but I suspect
multiple commands may not be allowed.  Try breaking the last line into
two parts and see if that helps:

send-hook '(~Czsh-users| ~Cmutt-users| ~Cvex)' 'set crypt_autosign'
send-hook '(~Czsh-users| ~Cmutt-users| ~Cvex)' 'my_hdr From: rj
<r...@panix.com>'

It may be that the "y" in my_hdr following the ";" is triggering the
send mail action, if mutt stops parsing for the command at ";" and sends
the rest as literal keyboard commands.

-Kevin