On Tue 16 at 12:15 PM -0700, "Kevin J. McCarthy" <ke...@8t8.us> wrote:

> rj wrote:
> > macro index,pager  p  "<enter-command>set editor='vim +10'<enter><reply>"
> > "list-reply with quoting"
> > macro index,pager _R  "<enter-command>set editor='vim +10'<enter><reply>"
> > "list-reply without quoting"
>
> Did you intend to use <list-reply> instead of <reply> for the two macros
> above?  Otherwise, nice job cleaning them up.  They look much more
> readable and less likely for a stray character to sneak into them.

Yes!  I did, thank you.  But the second one is identical to the first.
I tried the following for "reply without quoting," and it works, but
after using it, if I want to reply *with* quoting, using "r", I get
no-quoting again, so this can't be right:

macro index,pager  R  "<enter-command>set include='no'<enter><enter-command>set
editor='vim +10'<enter><reply>"
"reply without quoting"