On Tue 16 at 09:00 AM +0100, James Griffin <j...@kontrol.kode5.net> wrote:

> RJ, Kevin's macro here is the usual way macros are written, as opposed
> to using control sequences as you've done. It's a lot clearer when
> looking at it. And it's best to write the macro using explicit commands
> rather than using key bindings you've set elsewhere in your muttrc.

Thanks for your response and for the reality check.  I've replaced the
following macros:

# Reply w/quoting, put cursor on line 10:
macro index,pager  r  ":set editor='vim +10'^M{^M" "reply with quoting"

# Reply w/out quoting, put cursor at line 10:
macro index,pager  R  ":set editor='vim +10'^M{"  "reply without quoting"

# List-reply w/quoting, put cursor on line 10:
macro index,pager  p  ":set editor='vim +10'^M}"   "list-reply with quoting"

# List-reply w/out quoting, put cursor at line 10:
macro index,pager _R  ":set editor='vim +10'^M}"   "list-reply without quoting"

with these:

# Reply w/quoting, put cursor on line 10:
macro index,pager  r  "<enter-command>set editor='vim +10'<enter><reply>"
"reply with quoting"

# Reply w/out quoting, put cursor at line 10:
macro index,pager  R  "<enter-command>set editor='vim +10'<enter><reply>"
"reply with quoting"

# List-reply w/quoting, put cursor on line 10:
macro index,pager  p  "<enter-command>set editor='vim +10'<enter><reply>"
"list-reply with quoting"

# List-reply w/out quoting, put cursor at line 10:
macro index,pager  _R  "<enter-command>set editor='vim +10'<enter><reply>"
"list-reply without quoting"

And I've gotten rid of all the unnecessary key-bindings and any other
macros with the obscure-looking control sequences.

> I read further down thread you've still got some issues with your macro?
> What exactly is happening or not happening that you would like to change?

Actually, there are no more issues.  What I *thought* was an issue was that
when I replied to a group with "r" (regular reply) instead of my defined
"p"  (group-reply), I was startled to see the prompt:

Reply to name-of-mailing-list? ([yes]/no):

But I realized that's completely as it should be.  I think I was previously
set up for "r" to work with lists also.

--
      Energizer Bunny arrested - charged with battery.