Hello, mutt-heads,

I've been lurking here for a couple of months. I'm considering mutt because I want 1 file per message and maildir has that and mutt supports maildir.

I assume that you all think that mutt is the most dependable, maildir compatible MUA.

My setup is a virtual machine environment.
Host OS: Windows-7, 64bit, without an Internet connection.
Guest OS: Linux Mint 14, with an Internet connection.
Shared folder #1: The download directory (Net > Guest > Host).
Shared folder #2: The maildir directories.

Problem: Maildir filenames use characters that are illegal in Windows.
Solution: Samba? How? I'm ignorant of Samba.

Problem: Windows permissions can create problems for Linux.
Solution: Make the shared folders a separate, ext3 partition - I think that Samba comes into play here also.

I'd like to correspond with anyone who is running such a setup. I'd also like to 'hear' the opinions/advice/wisdom of everyone. Shamans & exorcists are welcome.

Thank you, all.

Speaking of mutt, I heard this on U.S. National Public Radio the other day:
The difference between dog people and cat people? Dog people want dogs that are like people. Cat people want to be cats.

Ciao - Mark (Ohio, U.S.A.).