On 2013/11/18 3:19 AM, Edward Toroshchin wrote:
Have you considered setting up an IMAP server? This should solve all
your problems.

Thank you, Edward, but I want to be able to read email in the Windows Host which has no Internet access. I don't see how IMAP would help?

Also, I think Samba would not lift the Windows's file name restrictions.

I agree. But I was told that it substitutes somehow... like one would escape certain characters in a URL, thereby making the maildir available to Windows without having to make any changes in Linux.

Do you know of anyone who has a setup like mine who would be willing to give me some guidance?

Best - Mark.