On 11/04/2014 12:37 PM, Joshua Smith wrote:
On Tue, Nov 04, 2014 at 12:31:26PM -0500, DaleKelly wrote:
>On 11/04/2014 09:19 AM, Joshua Smith wrote:
> >mutt -v | grep -i smtp
>
>I get this
>
>mutt -v | grep -i smtp
>Configure options: '--enable-pop' '--enable-smtp' '--with-sasl' '--with-ssl'
>+USE_POP  -USE_IMAP  +USE_SMTP
Is that from the mutt you built by hand or the mutt from apt?  At this
point its not exactly clear what you've done with regards to installing
from the repo or building from source.

the one from hand, I tried the repository but it didn't work and I removed it, and did my configure/make/make install of the source one over

I think I need to investigate authentication settings in my ~/.muttrc file, and might have to configure SASL since it has a configuration file too

SSL seems to work, but I get this error with SASL

SASL authentication failed

my be as easy as I don't have
smtp_user
smtp_pass
set to the wrong user/pass, or might be the wrong usage of the statements

haven't even got into POP yet, I want my messages left on the server

--
(my whereabouts below)
http://www.dalekelly.org/