* DaleKelly <d...@dalekelly.org> [11-04-14 20:43]:
> On 11/04/2014 07:02 PM, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> >The repository version has been found to be suitable by
> >many, many different users.  No one has been able to get
> >your hand built version to work.
> >
> >Please consider the likelyhood that your previous problems
> >with the repository version were due to your unfamiliarity
> >with mutt configuration.
> >
> >Using the repository version would eliminate one large
> >source of uncertainty.
>
> Jon, thanks for your recommendation
>
> I had the same configuration problems with the Ubuntu repository one,
> like the source I have to edit ~/.muttrc , kind of the same problems

Everyone who installs mutt *must* edit muttrc, it's the nature of the
beast.

> SSL seems to work
> SASL either isn't finding an authentication method, or I am not
> specifying my user/pass correctly in ~/.muttrc

We will never be able to help you as you decline to give direct and
specific answers to *all* of the questions we post.

And your password does not have to reside in .muttrc, it will be
questioned when necessary.

Your claims of many years of linux history are very suspect.

Much time is being wasted.  :^(