Cameron Simpson wrote:

> On 23Mar2016 13:56, John Long <codeb...@inbox.lv> wrote:
> >On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 08:40:21AM +1100, Cameron Simpson wrote:
> >>On the othe hand, I do not think mutt makes the header. I'm in
> >>compose mode right now with headers and the Date: header is not
> >>there.
> >
> >Aside from the Received: header that was already mentioned upthread, Mutt
> >can add headers when it sends meil that you don't see in compose mode. I
> >don't think it's a proof of anything that you don't see it.
>
> How irritating.

but it makes sense for the Date: header not to be present when composing the
email. it hasn't been sent yet. it might get postpone, or it might take a
lot of time to write, etc. it makes sense for it to be added when it is sent
and not before. perhaps if you put your own Date: header in while composing,
mutt would not replace it.

cheers,
raf