Hi!

<cut>

BAUMEISTER>   No  I  did not do "make clean". I didn't knew that I had to in order
BAUMEISTER>   to update mysqlbug.

One must always doe a 'make clean' if one changes any configure arguments.

BAUMEISTER>   As  I  was  each  time  configuring and building from a fresh tar, I
BAUMEISTER>   though  that  mysqlbug  was updated after I do configure, make, make
BAUMEISTER>   install.

It should be updated if you don't get any errors from 'make'.

I checked the makefile and mysqlbug should always be rebuilt if
config.status changes.  I don't understand why this didn't happen to
you.

I assume you did used gnu make for building MySQL ?

BAUMEISTER> And I still have "Warning" messages BUT a lot less !

BAUMEISTER> 010321 19:25:01  mysqld started
BAUMEISTER> Innobase: Started
BAUMEISTER> /usr/local/mysql/libexec/mysqld: ready for connections
BAUMEISTER> 010321 19:25:24  Warning: Got signal 14 from thread 10

MW> <cut>

MW> Have you applied the patches for Solaris 2.8 ?
MW> We have all the suggested patches on our Solaris 2.8 machine and we
MW> don't have the above problem!

BAUMEISTER>   No  I didn't. We are currently applying the last patches. I will let
BAUMEISTER>   you know if it corrects everything.

ok.

BAUMEISTER> In  fact,  Mysql  writes  this  message  only  and  each time I do a
BAUMEISTER> "mysqladmin status" or "mysqladmin processlist" or "mysqladmin ping"
BAUMEISTER> !!!

MW> Can you try if our Solaris 2.7 binary works for you?
MW> (This should work on Solaris 2.8 without any problems!)

BAUMEISTER>   I tried 2.7 binary and there was no problem.

In that case it's VERY likely this is a bug in the Solaris 2.7 libc library.

BAUMEISTER>   I'll let you know about the Solaris 2.8 patches.

ok.

Regards,
Monty