Hi there,

> We have a very popular greetings card site at http://gcards.com We
> recently switched to MYSQL as our backend database..
>
> But recently we noticed that MYSQL cannot handle high load under
> normal installation. In our system we get more than 10,000
> insert/update/delete/select queries per second sometime. And this
> creates the problem.

If you actually were able to handle that kind of load before, on the same
hardware, what DB were you using? And why did you actually change?

> We are trying to figure out the problem but if anybody could help on
> this that could be gr8. We've a good offer also for this. Whoever will
> solve this problem will get the source code of our card program FREE.
> Only dedicated and sound developer/engineer are need to be contacted
> in the following email address

You might want to have a look into the manual about the threading and/or
file handle issues there are (this is assuming you're running things on
Linux.)

Regards,
Jan-Aage

--
Mr. Jan-Aage Bruvoll                      Managing Director
Bruvoll Brains in Bits, 7a Neal's Yard, London WC2H 9DP, UK