I think MySQL has a little ways to go yet before I would subjectively call
it best.

I posted twice to the list with questions about porting my application that
runs on (SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, Sybase SQL Anywhere, MS Access, and
DB2) to MySQL. No one on the mysql list, or the internals list responded to
my pretty basic issues:

1)      Why can't I declare a datetime field with DEFAULT NOW()
2)      Since the SQL standard states that identifiers are not case
sensitive, how can I use the DB without case sensitivity, when I don't have
authority to change the system wide lowercase setting? I wouldn't have
authority to change the setting in a hosted environment.

I have to say, MySQL still looks like a tinker-toy to me.

George Sexton
MH Software, Inc.
http://www.mhsoftware.com/