Hi all

I have problems getting MySQL autoboot on my RedHat installation. I have
tried to add the mysql.server start script from the install dir to the
system with chkconfig --add mysql (I copied it to /etc/init.d/) and then
trying to add mysql to the default boot order with chkconfig mysql on
but no luck there.

I have even tried to edit rc.local with the commands service mysql start
(this work when I run it myself) and mysqld -u mysql ...

The log file says that mysql has been started and then ended directly
after..

060621 13:12:29 mysqld started
060621 13:12:33 mysqld ended

Anyone that have any tip on how to solve this?

I can add that chkconfig -- list | grep mysql tells me that MySQL has
been configured to run on boot levels 3,4 and 5 correctly and go down on
1,2 and 6 but still it refuses to work. =(

Version being used is, RHEL 4.3 and MySQL 5.0.22

All help is greatly appreciated.