Can you email us the complete command and the error ?

Carlos

Red Hope wrote:
Well, that went over my head.  :)  I understand what
you're telling me, how to get there, but not how to do
it. bleh.
When I start up MySQL Command Line Client, I'm always
prompted at "mysql>". So I told it to switch from that
prompt to "shell>" prompt. It always starts up in
"mysql>" prompt. Once I'm in shell, I tried the dump
procedure and it kept saying it couldn't connect. So I
checked what databases it had, it shows them. I can't
even switch to a database because of no connection.
I'm not exactly sure why there's no 'connection' at
all.

Thanks for trying so hard, Carlos!
Lillian