Hi Ananda,

Ananda Kumar schrieb:

> So you set the collation_database=utf8_bin, what was your
> character_set_database values.
character_set_database is "utf8". The collation utf8_bin slows down
queries, but is necessary in dealing with multilingual information.
utf8_general_ci is faster, but can not distinguish in keys between
symbols which are sorted at the same position in national character
sets, like e.g. German "a" and "ä", or French "e" and "é".

Regards,
Harald

--
"Wouldn't the sentence 'I want to put a hyphen between the words Fish
and And and And and Chips in my Fish-And-Chips sign' have been clearer