Sorry, but I'm resending because I made a mistake in terminology and want to
be clear.  The problem isn't that innodb is "DISABLED" on the database.  The
innodb engine is not supported by the database.

We have 5.0.22 installed on a test machine and for some reason the innodb
storage engine was not installed with it.  We install from RPMs so I'm not
sure how to install the storage engine. If we compiled ourselves, we'd
recompile but that's not an option.

Does anyone know how to install a storage engine once mysql's been installed
by an RPM?  How does one make the selections in the first place with RPMs?
We've always just taken what we got and it was sufficient.

Thanks,
Jim

--
Jim Lyons