The answer is no

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Lyons <jlyons4...@gmail.com>

Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 23:50:13
To: <chaim.rie...@gmail.com>
Cc: MySQL<mysql@lists.mysql.com>
Subject: Re: Resend: enabling storage engine with RPM install

What configuration parameter in the config file could have an impact on
whether a particular storage engine is supported?  The binaries are built
before the config is even used.  I don't mind posting the file, but I don't
see the point.

The question is pretty simple, can one add a storage engine to an RPM
install?  The config file follows.  Thanks.

[client]
socket          = /db/data/mysql.sock
port            = 3306
[mysqld]
socket          = /db/data/mysql.sock
datadir         = /db/data
tmpdir          = /db/tmp
port            = 3306
user            = mysql
max_allowed_packet = 1024M
lower_case_table_names=0
log-bin=/db/binlog/tlsgriffin01-bin
sync_binlog = 1
expire_logs_days = 14
log-error=/db/log/tlsgriffin01-err.log
log-slow-queries=/db/log/tlsgriffin01-slow.log
long_query_time = 1
log_warnings=2
server-id = 101
skip-slave-start
sysdate-is-now
log_bin_trust_function_creators=1
skip-external-locking
key_buffer_size = 128M
query_cache_size = 256M
table_cache = 4096
thread_concurrency = 14
thread_cache_size = 0
open_files_limit = 10240
max_connections = 1000
skip-bdb
read_buffer_size = 64M
read_rnd_buffer_size = 64M
sort_buffer_size = 64M
tmp_table_size = 512M
max_heap_table_size = 250M
myisam_sort_buffer_size = 64M
myisam_max_sort_file_size = 20G
innodb_data_home_dir = /db/innodb
innodb_log_group_home_dir = /db/innodb
innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:10M:autoextend:max:4G
innodb_log_files_in_group = 2
innodb_log_file_size = 256M
innodb_file_per_table
innodb_buffer_pool_size = 400M
innodb_additional_mem_pool_size = 80M
transaction-isolation = READ-COMMITTED
[mysqldump]
quick
max_allowed_packet = 16M
[mysql]
no-auto-rehash
[myisamchk]
key_buffer = 64M
sort_buffer_size = 16M
read_buffer = 16M
write_buffer = 16M
[mysqlhotcopy]
interactive-timeout
[manager]
socket = /db/log/manager.sock
pid-file=/db/log/manager.pid
password-file = /db/data/.mysqlmanager.passwd
monitoring-interval = 60
port = 1998
bind-address = tlsgriffin01
[mysql.server]