Yes, I had a slip of the mind.  The engine that was not supported by the
install is the Federated engine.  I apologize, I had a blind spot.  The
"SHOW ENGINES" command lists FEDERATED but has NO in the Support column.

The question, though, is how does one add an unsupported engine to an RPM
install?  Is it possible?  Otherwise I have to either compile from source or
upgrade to a version that I hope will have it.