Thanks Johan,

Unfortunately I run into all 4 issues you have mentioned. And the views is
my huge part of my site.

I got about 50k-60k page view per day, about 40k nodes. It is really a pain
to make drupal run fast. I feel drupal query the db tooooooo much.

I understand I can get some performance boost by writing my own code, find
replacement etc, but that costs me too much if I can use hardware to solve
the same problem. and Yes I know I will run to same problem again when the
site grows to some point.

I will definitely try your advice, such as memcache. Thanks!

If anyone else has more advice on the 2 server options,  please let me know.