From: shamu...@gmail.com [mailto:shamu...@gmail.com]
Sent: 21 April 2010 15:31
To: mysql@lists.mysql.com
Subject: More CPU or More RAM?

I have a 1.5G database which feeds a CMS web application (Drupal).

Right now I am hosting it with a 1.5G RAM VPS and I feel it is too slow. IO
and CPU are high. So I am planning to upgrade it to a dedicated serer.

Here are two choice of my server:

1. Intel Pentium G6950 (Dual Core), 2xSATA Drive (no RAID), 8G RAM
2. Intel Xeon X3210 (Quad Core), 2XSATA drive (no RAID), 4G RAM.

I know the best way to do this is to benchmark the two servers, but I can't
do that, can only pick one. Could anyone of you tell me which one is better
for higher MySQL performance, based on your experience?

Thanks.