Hi Guys,
We have a system that has been running along nicely for the past three months on a pc (4gb 1,8ghz,debian lenny pc). It is a telecom-financal system; slightly 2 hits per minute but growing exponentally as customers increase.

We have now bought two servers 12Gb RAM RAID blah blah; and we want to set the servers up such that one is an exact duplicate of the other; to guard against hardware failiure (in case for example one motherboard is fried for some reason). We want to be able to switch from one server to the next and continue with minimum downtime. Switching will be manual until I figure out how to do an automatic switch (probably continuously ping the main server from the hot backup and if the ping fails the hot backup can change its ip automatically or something!)

Anyway, what method of keeping the two servers in sync would the experts recommend between replication and setting up a cluster (or something else)? which will also give me a painless (and later maybe automatic) changeover? Both servers are connected to the same switch.
--
Jangita | +256 76 91 8383 | Y! & MSN: jang...@yahoo.com
Skype: jangita | GTalk: jangita.nyag...@gmail.com