On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 5:51 PM, <a.sm...@ukgrid.net> wrote:

> Quoting Jangita <jang...@jangita.com>:
>

>> Simply put: I want a solution that ensures that server 2 has all the data
>> at server 1 at any point in time; say server 1 suddenly fell into a pond :)
>> . I wouldnt want to open server 2 and find the last insert/update/delete
>> missing...
>>

> Ok so that rules out any asynchronous replication (MySQL replication for
> example).

Actually, recent 5.1 servers do have 'semi-synchronous' replication, where
replication is synchronous until the slave happens to timeout, where it
reverts to asynchronous until you fix it. Incidentally, this is default
Oracle behaviour, too, if you're not talking RAC.

--
Bier met grenadyn
Is als mosterd by den wyn