> > I'm starting to worry that you may be right. I know FLUSH
> TABLES WITH
> > READ LOCK does not work as expected with InnoDB, but is
> there really
> > no way to put InnoDB into a state where all changes have
> been flushed
> > to disk and it is safe to rsync the directory? Is stopping
> the service
> > really the only way? (And even if I stop the service, is
> rsync totally
> > safe with InnoDB?)
> >

> You need to quiesce the InnoDb background threads. One
> technique is mentioned here:
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/innodb-multiple-tablesp
aces.html

> Look for the section talking about "clean" backups.

Now we're talkin. I'll check it out.

Disclaimer - January 25, 2011
solely for Shawn Green (MySQL),Reindl Harald,mysql@lists.mysql.com. If you are
not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter
this email. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of
the author and might not represent those of Physicians' Managed Care or
Physician Select Management. Warning: Although Physicians' Managed Care or
Physician Select Management has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no
viruses are present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for
any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or attachments.