> > You need to quiesce the InnoDb background threads. One technique is
> > mentioned here:
> > http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/innodb-multiple-tablesp
> aces.html
> >
> > Look for the section talking about "clean" backups.
>
> Now we're talkin. I'll check it out.

I read that section but it is not at all clear (1) how one quiesces the
InnoDB background threads, or (2) if there is a way to keep them
quiesced while the backup is in progress.

Disclaimer - January 25, 2011
solely for Robinson, Eric,Shawn Green (MySQL),Reindl
Harald,mysql@lists.mysql.com. If you are not the named addressee you should not
disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions
presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent
those of Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management. Warning:
Although Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management has taken
reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the
company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the
use of this email or attachments.