[JS] I don't get it. Isn't this like saying that you can't substitute a
dictionary with a red cover for a dictionary with a blue cover?

If you do a complete LVM restore, then you have complete and (hopefully)
consistent copy of your files, even if the volume images were not identical;
in fact, they almost certainly will NOT be identical at the disk-image level.

Regards,

Jerry Schwartz
Global Information Incorporated
195 Farmington Ave.