> nobody cares if they are binary replica as long
> as the data is consistent and ident

Like I said, I'm no expert on this, but my approach seems like the only
way to 100% absolutely sure that the data on the slave is in fact
consistent and identical to the data on tha master.

> so start another slave on the machine with his own socket for
> backups

You say that like it doesn't mean a huge amount of additional work,
expense, and complexity. We currently have 240+ master MySQL instances
and are adding them at a rate of several per week.

Based on everything you've said so far, I still prefer my solution. I
just need a way to make the same thing work with InnoDB.

--
Eric Robinson

Disclaimer - January 25, 2011
solely for Reindl Harald,mysql@lists.mysql.com. If you are not the named
addressee you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any
views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and
might not represent those of Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select
Management. Warning: Although Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select
Management has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in
this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage
arising from the use of this email or attachments.