Am 25.01.2011 18:38, schrieb Robinson, Eric:
>> 240 mysql-servers?
>> why there is no consolidation?
>
> I said 240+ mysql *instances*, not servers. It's actually just 3
> physical servers (not counting standby cluster nodes).

240 mysql-instances on 3 physical hosts?
what crazy setup is this please?

sorry but your smallest problem is really innodb per rsync

>>> just need a way to make the same thing work with InnoDB.
>>
>> this is simply impossible
>
> That is very unfortunate.

The whole world can work with replication-slaves and you are
the only one who installing an endless count of mysql-services
instead a hand of large instances - i would think that not all
others are ghost-drivers and nobody outside mysql would ever
think of backup a running db-server