beside the fact that msql CAN NOT do this at all

the median is not really releavt
in the median you see also night hours with zero load

on a typical webserver with load you have much more

* a cms system
* many page requests per second
* no you can not use persistent connections if you have
  let's say 100 databases and 100 domains with 500 prefork
  pcroesses because these would mean in the worst case 50000
  connections
* enable query log on machines with some hundret queriers
  per second would be a self DOS and fill your disks