Mellow greetings,

Enhance your calm. Lets get our facts straight and not go off our
rockers. MySQL 5.6 Enterprise edition will be able to do this natively (
https://blogs.oracle.com/MySQL/entry/new_in_mysql_enterprise_edition), but
otherwise you cannot do it natively. This does not mean
its impossible, though as there's a few easy work arounds.

1) Force all logins to use the PAM or AD authentication plugin -- if the
authentication is success then log it in AD or PAM
2) use a init-connect to log logins but that doesn't work for users with
super privileges as Keith mentioned below (thanks Keith for actually trying
to help!)
3) Write your own plugin using the MySQL Plugin APIs
4) use the McAfee Audit Plugin for MySQL (Free:
http://www.devshed.com/c/a/MySQL/McAfee-Releases-Audit-Plugin-for-MySQL-Users-86548/
)

Singer Wang
(yes, I just watched Demolition Man)