Hi!

I am just filling in some missing facts here.

Jeremy> On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 01:03:19AM +0200, Sander Pilon wrote:

>> Rule number one on the internet: If you have a trademark, GET THE
>> .COM, .NET, .ORG, .CC and .CX ASAP!!!
>>
>> The fine folks at MySQL ignored that rule, and are now left with a
>> rotten situation. IMHO, their own fault - and the way they try to
>> resolve it is, IMHO, not the right way and somewhat typical for
>> large american corporations like MS. I never expected MySQL AB to
>> come out so hostile and brutal as they did.

Jeremy> Who told you that they ignored that "rule"?

mysql.org was acquired a long time ago by some friendly MySQL users
that pointed it to mysql.com; Due to circumstances out of our control
NuSphere acquired the mysql.org domain.  As soon as we heard this, we
offered to buy it from them for the same amount of money they had paid
for it but they refused this offer.  We asked them what they intended
to do with it but they refused to tell us.  Now, without any warnings,
they just launch a 'mysql community cite' and by doing this publicly
violated our trademark.

We are going to shortly publish an FAQ about this on our web site that
should make our intentions and concerns very clear.

Jeremy> Have you checked the ownership history of mysql.org?

Jeremy> Please don't assume that them not owning all those domains is the
Jeremy> result of someone's stupidity.  Please don't assume that this was
Jeremy> their "first strike" in an attempt to get the domain that they feel
Jeremy> they deserve.

Thanks Jeremy for the support!

Regards,
Monty