>As you are aware, we are forming a not-for-profit corporation to
>focus on building and supporting a larger MySQL development
>community and promoting MySQL.  The mysql.org domain is expected
>to be transferred to that organization.   NuSphere has taken the
>lead and is covering the costs of forming this organization and
>expects it will take some time before it can operate on its own.
>We firmly believe that establishing a source of information
>independent
>of any for-profit corporation is an important step for the long term
>health of the MySQL community.  We encourage you to reconsider your
>opposition and join us in supporting this effort.

If the result of this would be 2 versions MySQL (MySQL AB and NuSphere
MySQL) than it's unclear to me how the community can benefit. Although
diskspace is not much of an issue but I would like to install both..

Although others might have their own opinion about this.. mysql.org looks
A-LOT-LIKE mysql.com and it looks to me (and others I've spooken with) as
if the mysql.org site is the official MySQL website..

It's great if NuSphere or any other starts a website with addons, tools,
etc to be used with MySQL. But please don't start to confuse people..

I don't think the current mysql.org site is what MYSQL AB had in mind. I
really hope the MYSQL AB and NuSphere people can come to a agreement..

Bye,

B.