> I see one HUGE difference between these support sites and .net,
> in regards to .com: Every one but .net clearly state that
> this is a product of MySQL AB, tell people about and make
> very explicit links mysql.com.

The impression I get from the .org site, is that they are promoting a
product called MySQL, and that MySQL AB (found at mysql.com) is a different
product all together. This, is in my opinion is simply not on.

I have been using MySQL for many years and I am now wondering if there
actually is a difference between MySQL and MySQL AB simply because mysql.org
are implying such a fact. Their web site is also giving me the impression
that they are responsible for the development of MySQL.I know Nusphere have
given both time and money to the development of MySQL but I really don't
think it quite justifies building a web site with the intention of deceiving
users that may not know the full history of MySQL.

I'm no lawyer but I would say that the content on mysql.org is very
misleading and should be changed, pronto.

Another thing that concerns me greatly, is that almost every page on
mysql.org contains the word free. Too much use of the word free, to me,
sends "big time" warning signals.

Kind regards,

Andy.