On Fri, 7 Sep 2001, Cal Evans wrote:

> Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 11:05:27 -0500
> From: Cal Evans <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], Ed Carp <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: Let's approach stored procedures
>
> Ed,
>
> Stored procedures allow you to pre-compile and re-use code easily. They also
> make transactions easier. (At least from one point of view) It's not like
> the XML argument. SPs are also part of the ANSI spec so to be compliant,
> MySQL will have to have them. XML is not part of the ANSI-SQL spec.
>
> IMHO,
> Cal
> *
> * Cal Evans
> * Senior Internet Dreamer
> * http://www.calevans.com
> *
Since the current version of MySQL is open source you could write stored
procedures in the same language used in (until recently) DB2, i.e., C.  I
don't think that would be useful for those of us who are C challanged...
I think the real question is, can it be done w/o impacting performance.
Related question, what language or psuedo language would be used to code
them.

Sincerely,

William Mussatto, Senior Systems Engineer
CyberStrategies, Inc
ph. 909-920-9154 ext. 27