Cal Evans wrote:

> Stored procedures allow you to pre-compile and re-use code easily. They also
> make transactions easier. (At least from one point of view) It's not like
> the XML argument. SPs are also part of the ANSI spec so to be compliant,
> MySQL will have to have them. XML is not part of the ANSI-SQL spec.

The other thing about all of this is that MySQL is feature rich so most people
might not have a use for stored procedures.  Unlike, say, Informix which has
not build in MIN or MAX function.

Again, if having stored procedures built in does not slow down queries that do
not use stored procedures, I do not see what the harm is.

--Bill