I've had the same issues. I have really avoided the dev side of things
for some time so I'm not sure whether there's a way around it. Mainly
just devoting myself to administration. Funny though I'm starting to
write jsp stuff to monitor the databases more effectively.

I agree with you on the MYODBC from unix to windows and vice versa. Shouldn't
be that different.

Dave