Wells, Kenneth L writes:

> I get the error 'Host 'emdtest.ncr.com' is not allowd to connect to this
> MySQL database server'

<whine>
First of all, I must ask you why you've posted this under a
thread about forking off MySQL. This makes little sense to me.

Secondly, since you just posted the same question, did you
really have to post it again?
</whine>

And finally, the answer you were waiting for: You haven't set
up mysqld to accept connections from that host. You need to
read the chapter in the manual about how to set up privileges
using GRANT, and then turn your newfound knowledge into
swift and merciless action.

//C - always merciless, never swift. Or possibly the other way around.

--
 Carl Troein - Círdan / Istari-PixelMagic - UIN 16353280
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://pixelmagic.dyndns.org/~cirdan/