Hi.

Suppose I have dumped all database tables using mysqldump with --tab=... option and
I've got some *.sql and *.txt files one per table.
Ok, through the some time I want to see how changed a table living in server compared
with it's old copy I have dumped early.
I've decided to use some of them (in shell script):
diff database_dump/Mtable.txt `mysqldump <appropriate options>
--databases MYdatabase --tables MYtable`
and make a conclusions depending of diff output.

But according to well known SQL standarts the order of stored records is undefined.
However, using MySQL I note that the order of records output is the same as order of
records input in the table and it isn't violates while queries like "SELECT * FROM
table" are performed.

The question is: may I be sure I'll get absolutely identical dump result
for unchanged table with mysqldump used at different times ?

Thank you for attantion.

Goodbye.
Dannis.