Hi.

On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 05:39:57PM +0300, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
[...]
> diff database_dump/Mtable.txt `mysqldump <appropriate options>
> --databases MYdatabase --tables MYtable`
> and make a conclusions depending of diff output.
>
> But according to well known SQL standarts the order of stored records is undefined.
>However, using MySQL I note that the order of records output is the same as order of
>records input in the table and it isn't violates while queries like "SELECT * FROM
>table" are performed.
>
> The question is: may I be sure I'll get absolutely identical dump result
> for unchanged table with mysqldump used at different times ?

No. For MyISAM tables, it will change on DELETE/UPDATES. For other
table types I don't know. Aside from that, you should not rely it
anyhow, because this is a implementation detail and it may change
without notice according to the SQL specification.

Regarding mysqldump, have a look at an earlier post from me:

http://lists.mysql.com/cgi-ez/ezmlm-cgi?1:msn:10037:lcmmfflncinfjoipdpmc

Bye,

        Benjamin.

--