Hi all,

I am in the process of designing a MySQL database that will run on Redhat
7.1, but I am fairly sketchy on MySQL and performance.

What I want to do is have a database that keeps track of large distribution
lists. Each list has a unique ID, an owner (which is a reference to an ID in
another table) and a creation date.

My question is this: Would it be more efficient to have each entry in the
list stored in this table in the database, or would I be better off having a
reference to a file that is stored on the hard disk?

Users must be able to view, add, modify and delete entire lists and single
entries in the lists.

I am using MySQL, PHP and Perl with an Apache Webserver.

Cheers,

Ben