Hi Chris/Nick/Scalper,

Thanks for the replies. I am not too sure how to implement this in tables,
so I will give an example:

Let's say I have three lists - a,b and c. List a contains 10,000 entries,
list b contains 2,500 entries and list c contains 75,000 entries.

I have a table of lists, with list ID, owner and date fields:
a,Ben,28/03/2002
b,Ben,28/03/2002
c,Tom,28/03/2002

Then I have another table for each list, with all of the entries. The fields
would be list ID and entry:

a,entry1
a,entry2
a,entry3
b,entry1
b,entry2
c,entry1
c,entry2
c,entry3

Have I understood the two table concept correctly?
How does the third table fit in?

I guess that if two (or more) of the entries overlap, I could make things
even better by having a multi-value field for the list ID in the second
table, allowing:

b&c,entry65

if entry65 was common to lists b and c ... Is there a limit to the number of
values in a multi-value field? (Does MySQL offer multivalue fields?) and
would this be appropriate?

Cheers,

Ben