Hi Ben:

Performance would definitely be better if you store the data in the
database as opposed to simply storing references to files.  Sounds like you
could solve this with 2 tables with one for the actual lists (assuming the
structure of all your list is the same) and the other for the list header
info (like owner and creation date).

Craig