> I don't mean to start an opinion war, but ...
>
> Can MySQL handle many processors, many servers (clustering), load
> ballancing, etc as well as Oracle.  Or should one use Oracle (some other
> database) for large volume high response requirements.  Is mySQL too
basic
> for these capabilities?
>
> Pros and Cons, please.  This should help settle an internal debate that
is
> raging!

I will look forward to hearing the response of the well-informed to this.

However, my impression is that while the answer, for the very highest
volumes, is that Oracle is better, the point at which Oracle betters MySQL
is *much* higher than doubters might think. So, if anybody give the reply
that Oracle is best at the high end, please could they also try to quantify
the point at which MySQL begins to run out of steam - and what it is it
can't do and Oracle can at that point. (For example, MySQL can handle high
read loads by use of replication, but would bottleneck on high write loads
- I think).

(Or have I just fallen for Oracle propaganda?)

     Alec Cawley