At 10:16 AM 4/5/2002, you wrote:
>Actually, according to the objective eWeek test results at the link
>provided in another reply, the gap between Oracle 9i and MySQL 4.x is
>rather slim...

Gregory,
         A point that was sadly missing from that article was what was the
cost to create the Oracle webserver? How much did it cost to purchase the
Oracle  software and how much were the license fees to support that many
concurrent users. How much was the administration software for the Oracle
database? What was the yearly support for tech support? What did it cost
for tech support (in hours) to fine tune the database? Then compare those
figures to MySQL and you'll start to see the real advantage of MySQL.

         If anyone has these costs worked out for the Oracle vs MySQL
webserver benchmark that appeared in e-Week and PC Mag, I think a lot of
people would be interested in seeing it. I know I would.

Brent