Hi,

I have a grand total of two very important but possibly humiliatingly daft
questions, that I hope some kind soul will patiently solve:

1. Can I run a mySQL server on a Linux computer, and query it through myODBC
running on a Windows computer?

2. The licensing info seems only relevant to people who develop
applications. I just want to use it as a repository for data, and then query
it myself through such decidedly closed-source bastards as Excel and Access,
but I'm doing this for profit. If I use mySQL for such a purpose, and not as
a part of an application, do I then need to sell my boss a license? The
morally correct answer is obvious to me, but I'd like to know what the
demands of the mySQL company are: do I have more than one morally correct
option?

Thanks in advance

Ps. Does the list software have an issue with Lotus Notes?

---
Halldór Bjarki Christensen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]