"William R. Mussatto" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Drulli B wrote:
>> 1. Can I run a mySQL server on a Linux computer, and query it through
myODBC
>> running on a Windows computer?
>Why not query it directly on its std port? What language are you using?
>Perl (including ISAPI version .plx) can use DBI and connect directly.

Fact is that I'm not using any particular language, but rather Other
People's programs - statistical and data mining software that only supports
ODBC. So what I'm wondering is: if I get the (not at all knowledgeable about
mysql or any other database) computer department to install linux on a
computer and install mysql on that computer, can I just enter its ip address
in the myodbc dialog, and be amazed at how well it works?

Bjarki