JMichael

"William R. Mussatto" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
09/30/2002 02:23 PM

        To:     Drulli B <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject:        Re: Mixing Linux and Windows and paying for it

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Drulli B wrote:

> Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 18:13:51 -0000
> From: Drulli B <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Mixing Linux and Windows and paying for it
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a grand total of two very important but possibly humiliatingly
daft
> questions, that I hope some kind soul will patiently solve:
>
> 1. Can I run a mySQL server on a Linux computer, and query it through
myODBC
> running on a Windows computer?
Why not query it directly on its std port?  What language are you using?
Perl (including ISAPI version .plx) can use DBI and connect directly.

> 2. The licensing info seems only relevant to people who develop
> applications. I just want to use it as a repository for data, and then
query
> it myself through such decidedly closed-source bastards as Excel and
Access,
> but I'm doing this for profit. If I use mySQL for such a purpose, and
not as
> a part of an application, do I then need to sell my boss a license? The
> morally correct answer is obvious to me, but I'd like to know what the
> demands of the mySQL company are: do I have more than one morally
correct
> option?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Ps. Does the list software have an issue with Lotus Notes?

Only if you try and send HTML then it will send an attachment.

This is sent using Lotus Notes and Plain Text only.

> ---
> Halldór Bjarki Christensen
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Sincerely,

William Mussatto, Senior Systems Engineer
CyberStrategies, Inc
ph. 909-920-9154 ext. 27