the answer to your question is yes.

however, what you're considering is a complex
technical exercise while it's being set up.  after
you get it going, it'll work like a charm, but your
technical people will need to know what they are
doing.

corereader is a ms. windows app and one of its
purposes is to reduce some of the pain involved in
experimenting with data connections and queries.  it
will query any data source on any platform with
simple point and click queries, but making the
connection is difficult.

if you want it, it's free from its own site,
http://www.CoreReader.com/  the documentation on the
site will give you some idea of a few of the
problems involved.  it's easy to operate, but the
concepts involved are complex, so please read the
documentation.

--
        John Ragan
        [EMAIL PROTECTED]