Hi,

>What method are you using for inserting the data?

>Individual INSERTs can be very slow:
>       INSERT INTO foo (x, y, z) VALUES (1, 2, 3);
>       INSERT INTO foo (x, y, z) VALUES (4, 5, 6);

>Batch INSERTs can be massively faster:
>       INSERT INTO foo (x, y, z) VALUES (1, 2, 3), (4, 5, 6), ...;

You where right, what i did use indivudual inserts. Now I have it
segmented in 1000 rows in one query which massively speeds up the whole
inserting progress. 160K records now takes about 20 seconds instead of
the 100 records ;) I'm really impressed by this massive speed.

Begin;
INSERT INTO foo VALUES (1,2,3,4,5) x 1000
Commit;

That is what I use now.

One question though, does innodb use transactions standard? So without
using
the begin; and commit; statement, does it still use some kind of
transaction?

Because still I don't understand why the isam table takes about 100
seconds for inserting 160K rows, while innodb takes 700 seconds. (using
individual inserts)

Thanks,

Jeroen